Supporters & Survivors Workshops
Supporting a Male Survivor of Child Sexual Abuse
SAMSN recognises the challenges that family members and friends of survivors can experience when trying to support their loved-one.
We conduct one-day workshops that are open to both supporters and survivors to understand the impacts of child sexual abuse and to build strong and mutually respectful relationships.
This workshop provides a safe space for partners, family and friends, as well as adult male survivors, to discuss commonly faced issues and aspects of recovery & healing.
The workshop is facilitated by SAMSN staff who are both professionals and those with lived experience.
Please note that all of our services are provided free of charge, to supporters & survivors.
Part One: 9.30am
- Understanding the dynamics, impacts & ripple effects of child sexual abuse
- What assists in recovery & healing?
- The SAMSN journey and learnings about supporting survivors
Morning tea: 11am
Part Two: 11.20am
- Exploring the needs of survivors & supporters
- In this session, the group separates into supporters and survivors and are led in a discussion about each groups’ needs, what’s been helpful and unhelpful
Part Three: 1.15pm
- Bringing it all together – responding to the needs of survivors & supporters
- The facilitators provide feedback about the main themes that came out of the group discussions
16 March (Sat)
Counselling for Supporters
SAMSN acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work. We pay our respect to Past, Present and Future Elders.