We are recruiting staff for the following position:
Planned Support Worker (Case Management)
Reporting to: Planned Support Team Leader
Role Type: Full-Time
Closing date: 5.00pm Wednesday 28th Apirl 2021
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic individual with the right mix of qualifications, skills and experience to join the SAMSN team as a Planned Support Worker.
The Planned Support Worker will work closely with the Planned Support Team Leader and the broader SAMSN team to provide individual tailored support to adult male survivors and their supporters. The aim is to provide ‘wrap around’ support in keeping with the recommendations of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses into Child Sexual Abuse. Starting where the client is at.
You will make a real difference in the lives of men and their families, supporting them in addressing their ongoing needs. This will include responding to new referrals from survivors, family members/friends or service providers, conducting assessments of client needs in collaboration with the client and make referrals, including warm referrals, to other services. As part of a Redress Support Service, the role will provide information, support, and guidance to male survivors in order to assist them to access the National Redress Scheme.
Whilst the role includes ongoing individual co-advocacy and support to male survivors and their families, SAMSN values the voice of the survivor and aims to encourage and promote self-advocacy and independence in those we support.
Individual supervision, training and professional development will be provided as part of the role.
SAMSN is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We strongly encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.
- Tertiary qualification (Bachelor’s degree) in social work, social welfare, psychology or related discipline;
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics and impacts of child sexual abuse across the lifespan, including mental health issues, drug and alcohol issues, and relational difficulties;
- Demonstrated experience of working with trauma informed principles;
- Experience in providing case management and/or counselling to survivors of childhood trauma;
- Experience with responding to people in distress/crisis;
- Knowledge of and experience of dealing with organisations and systems that provide key services and referrals such as Centrelink, housing, health services and victim services;
- Good verbal, written and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage your own caseload including prioritising competing demands;
- NSW Driver’s Licence;
- Experience and knowledge of supporting survivors access the National Redress Scheme and relevant support services/organisations;
- Experience working with male survivors and understanding of the specific impacts of CSA for men;
- Understanding of the NGO sector;
Classification and remuneration:
- SCHCADS Award, Level 4
- Remuneration may be negotiated and commensurate with qualifications and experience
- This position is eligible for generous salary packaging benefits
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
To apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia.
How to apply:
Address your cover letter to the Planned Support Team Leader, Elvis Caus and email your application along with the responses to the Selection Criteria to email@example.com.
Please note: Your application will only be considered if you address the selection criteria.
SAMSN acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work. We pay our respect to Past, Present and Future Elders.