Training & Consultation
SAMSN plays a significant role in bringing knowledge and collaboration to professionals and workplaces. The combined lived expertise and professional knowledge and experience provides a unique service.
- Service Providers Workshops are a one-day workshop designed for professionals and organisations who seek to provide trauma informed responses and services to adults who have experienced child sexual abuse.
- Keynote Addresses at conferences and forums.
- A Voice at the Table on advisory groups in the field of service development and delivery, safeguarding, policy development, professional standards and models of recovery from child sexual abuse.
- Lived Experience/ Expertise to organizations, roundtables and advisory groups providing a survivor lens in development and evaluation of services.
- Individual Consultation regarding therapeutic practice, case work and advocacy.
Service Provider’s Workshops
Working with Male Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse: The SAMSN Approach
‘’We believe that male survivors can heal and recover from child sexual abuse, support others to thrive and be leaders for change”
This one-day workshop is designed for professionals and organizations who seek to provide trauma informed responses and services to adults who have experienced child sexual abuse.
Combining both professional and lived experience input, this workshop explores:
- Dynamics and impacts of child sexual abuse
- Specific impacts for male survivors
- Trauma informed and culturally safe approaches to working with survivors
- SAMSN’s model of work with male survivors and their supporters
Continuing Professional Development:
APS and PACFA members can accrue Continuing Professional Development (CDP) hours by participating in activities that they determine to be relevant to their individual professional skills, learning plans and goals. The SAMSN Service Providers Workshop is an AASW endorsed CPD event and provides members with 4 CPD points.
Service Providers Workshops
SAMSN acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work. We pay our respect to Past, Present and Future Elders.