Supporters & Survivors Workshops
Supporting a Male Survivor of Child Sexual Assault
SAMSN recognises the challenges that family members and friends of survivors can experience when trying to support their loved-one.
We conduct one-day workshops that are open to both supporters and survivors to understand the impacts of child sexual assault and to build strong and mutually respectful relationships.
This workshop provides a safe space for partners, family and friends, as well as adult male survivors, to discuss commonly faced issues and aspects of recovery & healing.
The workshop is facilitated by SAMSN staff who are both professionals and those with lived experience.
Please note that all of our services are provided free of charge, to supporters & survivors.
Part One: 9.30am
- Understanding the dynamics, impacts & ripple effects of child sexual abuse
- What assists in recovery & healing?
- The SAMSN journey and learnings about supporting survivors
Morning tea 11am
Part Two: 11.20am
- Exploring the needs of survivors & supporters
- In this session, the group separates into supporters and survivors and are led in a discussion about each groups’ needs, what’s been helpful and unhelpful
Part Three: 1.15pm
- Bringing it all together – responding to the needs of survivors & supporters
- The facilitators provide feedback about the main themes that came out of the group discussions
Please Note: As per the statement on our Home page, our Eight-Week Support Groups, Monthly Drop-In meetings, Supporters & Survivors Workshops and all training events have been suspended until further notice.