Service Providers Workshops
Working with adult male survivors of child sexual abuse – A one-day workshop
The effects of childhood abuse on men will be explored, along with strategies that can help men recover. Specific attention will be paid to the role of group work.
SAMSN facilitators provide both lived expertise & professional knowledge.
Having run over 50 professionally facilitated peer support groups for male survivors, as well as many workshops for supporters and service providers, SAMSN is well placed to bring knowledge from both survivors and professionals. Our workshops and trainings are ideal for psychologists, psychiatrists, psychotherapists, counsellors, mental health nurses, social workers, police, general practitioners, or anyone working with adult male survivors of child sexual abuse.
Participants will learn:
- The impact of sexual abuse on children
- The dynamics of grooming and the resulting confusion
- Trauma-informed care in working with men, both individually and in groups
- The particular impacts of child sexual abuse on males
- The advantages that support from peers brings to the recovery process
- Some knowledge and experience in working with men
- Some knowledge of the impact of child sexual assault on children and adult survivors
Continuing Professional Development:
dates & locations 2020
Please Note: As per the statement on our Home page, our Eight-Week Support Groups, Monthly Drop-In meetings, Supporters & Survivors Workshops and all training events have been suspended until further notice.